That double 416 cab is the Onken W. I know it well. Might even build one some day. The ones I knew where double wall sand filled.
With the right amp - amazing! Clean, clean, clean. Simple, too. Just a big box with 2 little ports.
I love those 1803's..... They remind me of the sentinels in The Matrix, looking down at you......
wonder what that double 416 cab sounds like?
TWOGOODEARS: ... again about Goto speakers from Japan: visiting my friend Toni and listening to his system
-chris
That double 416 cab is the Onken W. I know it well. Might even build one some day. The ones I knew where double wall sand filled.
With the right amp - amazing! Clean, clean, clean. Simple, too. Just a big box with 2 little ports.
Ok, I don't get it....... what makes this an Onken W. Why does this big ported box, have a special name? I've heard of an Onken, with no W, that's a refined (I assume) Jensen Ultraflex, but both of those are a bit different than a basic bass reflex.
Was Onken a company name?
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
Yes, Onken is a Japanese audio company. They make drivers and also multicell horns.
The are well known for their version of the Jensen Ultraflex, which picked up the name Onken because they built them for awhile.
The "Onken W" has nothing to do with the Jensen style box. It's just a big double 15 bass reflex with 2 tiny ports of unequal size. I guess the Onken company designed it, thus the name.
Bookmarks